2005年9月18日 星期日

Lavonne's Wedding

 

September 17, 2005 was a very special day. It is the day Lavonne got married. It took me 6.5 hours to drive from Chicago to Cincinnati and another 6.5 hours back, but it was really worth it. I got to see Lavonne in a dress – which doesn’t happen very often, not to mention with full hair and makeup done. She looks stunning in her wedding dress!! She was a very beautiful and happy bride.


I had to wake up at 5:30am (4:30 central time…) that morning because I was going to help Lavonne with her hair and make up. Maybe it was because of the excitement, or maybe it was the coffee that I drank when I was driving, I practically didn’t have any sleep that night, and the pool party that took place at the hotel didn’t help either. The loud music didn’t stop until 2:00 am in the morning, and I can hear the music even on the fifth floor. We drove in the dark to the hotel Lavonne’s cousin Lee Ann (I hope I spelled it right…) was staying, and she did her hair there. After knowing that the very pregnant Lee Ann had to drive 18 hours to get here, I felt that the 6 hours drive for me was nothing.


We arrived at Ault Park at dusk. It was a very beautiful place. The Italian style pavilion is sitting on the top of a hill overlooking a formal lawn. When standing on the terrace, you can see hills of trees in the distance. While we helped Lavonne getting dressed, everyone else was helping to set up the place. Even the groom himself had to drive the rose bushes on site and put them into place. When I saw the rose bushes that Lavonne grew herself, I can’t believe that those were the sticks I saw a few months ago. Red and white buds were ready to open, if only they would bloom one week earlier. Man!! Getting married is really a lot of work!! So many details that need to be taken care of. Thank god there was Jess taking care of stuff. It was her that made this wedding ran so smoothly.


I was so glad to see the M&M girls; all of them look so cute in their dresses!! I missed Netty’s laughs and hugs, and I got to see Jen, too!! The ceremony was graceful and unique, with the sand and rose ceremony and releasing the balloon at the end. I was very touched by the ceremony, and almost break out with tears at the end. But it was Netty’s speech that made us all cry. I think it really touched our hearts, and it will stay with us for a very long time.


Even though it was a long day for me, I had a wonderful time. I am very happy for Lavonne, and I’m really glad that they found each other. Maybe all of you single people out there should try internet dating, too!! Maybe you will find your soul mate just like Lavonne did!!   


 


沒有留言:

張貼留言

你想對我說...