2011年6月8日 星期三

What’s Growing In My Garden…

Well, technically it’s not a garden but more like my balcony. First up, my rose bush!!! This was a gift from a friend and I’m so happy to see it finally bloomed~~ It is so beautiful!!!! Now I can have fresh cut roses everyday~~ The only problem I have with the rose bush is there is a lot of little green bugs (Aphid 蚜蟲) on it. I have been spraying it with soap water and hand pick them everyday but they are just so hard to get rid of. Any suggestions?

IMG_3609 IMG_3725IMG_3736 IMG_3813IMG_3657 IMG_3825IMG_3832 IMG_3822

Another friend of mine also gave me some vegetable seeds last year and I finally decided to plant them. Maybe it’s because I’ve waited too long, with the four types I’ve planted, only one seed sprouted….. I think this is a mini Spinach, but I’m not entirely sure, cause it sprouted out right between the Spinach and Crowndaisy. I’ll just have to wait and see.

IMG_2769 IMG_2795IMG_2776 IMG_3757

My Geranium is also growing like crazy. This one followed me all the way from Texas, and was a rescue from Wal-Mart's clearance section (it was only like a $1 if I remembered correctly).  It suddenly grew an extra foot while I was in Taiwan, and I was very surprised to see how tall it was when I came back in March. I even put in a stick to support it, don’t want it tipping over. Now it is flowering beautifully~~

IMG_3082 IMG_2811IMG_2810 IMG_2797

And here are some other plants that are thriving on my balcony, many given to me by friends. I hope they are happy to see that these plants are doing well, and I think of my dear friends every time I water them. Thank you for gifting me such wonderful gifts, as they make my day every time I see them bloom!!

IMG_2393 IMG_2395IMG_2383 IMG_2384IMG_3766 IMG_2392IMG_3763 IMG_3770

2 則留言:

  1. It is absolutely a beautiful garden!

    If you are thinking about commercial products..... I use Ortho's insect/diseases killer for my roses but I heard regular insect killers will do. You can get them in nursery or Home Depot. I got Japanese beetles here... they came in group and demolished all the flowers and leaves just in one night!

    回覆刪除
  2. Dear Tina,
    I did tried using insect killer but didn't seem to get them all. I prefer not to use it since its toxic. I continued with soap water and the amount of Aphid seems to be decreasing. I guess I'll just have to keep spraying, and hopefully will be able to get rid of them~

    回覆刪除

你想對我說...